2015 Winter Indoor Triathlon
Information about the 2015 1st Annual Delaware Charity Challenge Winter Indoor Triathlon
1st Annual Delaware Charity Challenge Winter Indoor Triathlon
The Delaware Charity Challenge is a unique fundraising and athletic competition designed to give organizations, families, and individuals a fun way to raise money and awareness for their favorite causes.
The 1st Annual Delaware Charity Challenge Winter Indoor Triathlon was a great success. In the first year, more than $15,000 ($15,163) was raised for 12 different charities as part of the Winter 2015 Race to Raise fundraising challenge. Many members from these twelve teams competed in the Winter Indoor Run, Row, Bike and Medley Triathlon, which was held Saturday, January 9, 2016 at the Chase Center in Wilmington, Delaware.
Race to Raise
In the 2015 Winter Race to Raise, Team Spagnoletti & Associates won first place and received the $300 first place prize from the prize pool. At the close of the 2015 Winter Race to Raise competition, they raised $4,560 for Musella Foundation for Brain Cancer Research & Information, their designated nonprofit beneficiary. University of Delaware Men's Crew finished second, raising $2,855 for the University of Delaware Men's Crew club, earning them an additional $200 second place prize from the prize pool. Team Mosaic in Delaware raised the third highest amount of $1,748 for the Mosaic in Delaware, earning the third place $100 prize for their organization. Team LLS Survivors, raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, raised the fourth highest amount with $1,000. These were the top four fundraising teams of the 14 teams competing in the Race to Raise.
In the overall team fundraising category, Team Spagnoletti & Associates and Team University of Delaware Men's Crew finished first and second. These teams won the two advertising packages from 99.5 WJBR for having raised the most money of any team.
When the Fundraising Challenge was completed (January 31, 2016), teams collectively had raised $15,163 for the selected nonprofit organizations, including the prize pool and triathlon awards. The top 8 individual fundraising teams were: Team Spagnoletti & Associates (raising for Musella Foundation for Brain Tumor Research & Information) ($5,635), University of Delaware Men's Crew ($3,205), Mosaic in Delaware ($1,903), Clark's Sharks (raising for Mike Clark Legacy Foundation) ($1,310), Team LLS Survivors (raising for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society) ($1,125), Friends of Wilmington Parks ($545), Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund ($525), and Team Delcollo for Delaware (raising for Delaware Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) ($265).
Winter indoor triathlon & scooter competition
More than 100 athletes signed up to compete in the Delaware Charity Challenge winter games. The two category races were the Medley Triathlon and the Run, Row, Bike Triathlon. Both competitions consisted of athletes racing 15 minutes on a treadmill, 15 minutes on a spin bike, and 15 minutes on a rowing machine. For the Medley Triathlon, teammates each completed one of the three events. In the Run, Row, Bike Triathlon, they completed all three. During the triathlon, teams also had a chance to race each other in a short, fun scooter race.
- Team Foschi Photography won the Medley Women's Division and $100 for Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation.
- University of Delaware Men's Crew won the Medley Men's Division and an additional $100 on behalf of their University of Delaware team.
- Team Christiana PA's won the Medley Co-Ed (M, M, F) Division and awarded their $100 prize to Friends of Wilmington Parks.
- Team Clark's Sharks won a total of $400 for Mike Clark Legacy Foundation (MCLF). Squads from Team Clark's Sharks won the Medley Co-Ed (F, F, M) and the Run, Row, Bike Men's Divisions, and teammate Chuck Hall won the Individual Run, Row, Bike Men's Division. Jennifer Bunora won the Women's Individual Run, Row, Bike Division and designated MCLF to receive her $100 prize.
- Team Spagnoletti & Associates won the Medley Co-Ed (F, F, M) Division and an additional $100 for Musella Foundation for Brain Tumor Research and Information
- Team Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund won the Scooter Race and a $100 prize for the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund.